Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Betty Crocker, Betsy Ross, and the rest of us Domestic Legends

Natalie and I have officially finished a project, OK more like part 1 of 4 projects, but still. The other day I may have had the bright idea to make the girl's some dresses. I mean really, how hard could it be? So off we (Ellen, Natalie, and I) go to Wally World to pick up some fabric, etc. We started them Monday night and last night.....WE FINISHED ONE! I cannot emphasize that enough. We are making the little girls dresses first



This picture is really blurry, A- because it was taken on my cell phone and B-because I have a small child who throws my phone down all the time and there is a scratch on my camera lens.
The top and bottom are white eyelet lined with white cotton. There is an eyelet ruffle on the sleeves edging a red bandanna print skinny strap. The sash around the middle is red bandanna print that ties in a bow in the back. Its very "flowy", if those girls could twirl, their skirts would go way out.
It wasn't quite as easy as we thought it would be, but after we ripped out a couple seams or 20, we finally figured it out. And when afterthoughts, such as a ZIPPER, were added, they were a heck of a lot easier to get on. :)
Now Kaden says he wants a suit....yeah no problem, we'll just whip that up!
Also we went to Ellen's last night for our weekly dinner. Awesome food!
Grilled Pork Chops
Mixed Veggies (no, not your mamas mixed veggies, these are spicy, savory goodness)
Macaroni and Cheese
Hot Rolls
Homemade Cherry Pie (Ellen, you are the pie goddess) No Pie Filling here, from Scratch!
The kids terrorized her puppies...They might live....
Anyone need a hound?

No comments:

Post a Comment