Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bite the Bullet...I'll finally post! Emma's 1st day and My poor little broken baby!

Well, I've been putting this off forever...I'm not sure why it's so complicated. I mean, its not like there is a long lengthy process involved. Just some basic typing. Anyways, there is no way I could actually catch up on everything that has went on since my last post. So we will start at now...


Emma did start school a couple weeks ago. She had a VERY traumatic first day and has since did much better. I'm not going to say that she loves it, but she does ok once she gets there, (I think).

This is Emma on the first day waiting on the school bus. You would never know by this picture that she had been crying and was going to have a TERRIBLE day!

Also, we had the distinct pleasure of taking Cassidy for her first trip to the ER last Sunday! She was playing in the Kia at Dave and Cindy's house and I grabbed her arms and pulled her over the back seat so that we could go inside. She started crying and I assumed that it was because she wanted to play outside. Well it became very obvious very quick that something specific was wrong with her arm. She was crying and screaming and kept grabbing her wrist. Everytime she could get calmed down, she would bump or move her arm and start again, grabbing her wrist. As much as I hated to take her to the ER, I hated for her to be in pain all day until Monday so I decided to take her in. The doctor diagnosed it as not her wrist but her elbow! He called it nursemaids elbow...in other words, a dislocated elbow! All from me picking her up, I felt so bad. After all, the mom isnt supposed to hurt their kids! I have picked her up that way THOUSANDS of time, swung her around by her hands, put her down on the ground that way, ALL THE TIME! One time and POP! He said to make sure we dont do it anymore because now that it has been out once it could just pop out at the slightest thing. Scary!

*Funny story...We were walking out of the ER and Cassidy is feeling much better, of course. She holds up her hand, cocks her head, and turns her wrist back and forth saying, "Ohhhhh", "Awwwww", "Ohhhhhhh"! Like she just couldnt believe that her arm worked again!

No comments:

Post a Comment