Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Night 1 Prognosis: 1/2 Good!

When I got pregnant with Cassidy, I had good firm intentions of buying a crib and sticking her in it from day one!





But....I put her in her cradle first. ...IN my room.





Then....In my severly sleep deprived state it became an unconscious effort to feed her. I think she did all the work, not sure if I even woke up sometimes...





Finally....After 13 1/2 months, She gave up that last feeding, you know the one in the middle of the night, the unconscious one.





And Then....She became marsupial...You know, "Look Ma, No hands!" Like Superglue! And honestly I didnt mind her sleeping with me at night....She would lay on my chest or my stomach and stretch out so that her feet were, well, kicking Myles! And according to him, ALL NIGHT LONG!





So we decided to put her in her own bed. The crib that I was going to put her in 17 months ago. The first night she only cried for about 30 minutes, maybe a little longer, and then was out. It was heartbreaking but do-able. The next night we are ready! Myles' puts her in her crib and we wait...crying...hysterical screaming...climbing...*THUMP*! Myles picks her up and puts her back in our bed....:)





So all this time, I've been contemplating.



  • Cassidy loves to sleep with someone.

  • Every night, when Emma goes to bed, Cassidy will sneak in there and wake her up by climbing in bed with her.

  • Eventually, Emma and Cassidy will be in the same room.


All this considered, I brought it up to Emma yesterday the idea of Cassidy sleeping with her. She, of course, thought that would be a good idea!



At Bed time, Boogie crawled up there and flipped and flopped and went to sleep. I had to sneak in there and turn the light on so I could get a picture because it was just too cute!


Of course at 1:30 this morning, I heard *THUMP* again...

I think we will move the bed against the wall tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment