Thursday, October 8, 2009

25 revelations about myself

Well, I've gone and skipped a day. I had good intentions of posting yesterday and I got busy and forgot all about it. Ellen jumped me about it, you would think the person that probably knows me best wouldn't read this so religiously.

10. I am thankful for where I live and sometimes I look out my windows and feel sorry for the people who don’t get to live with that kind of view or in this kind of environment

I can't imagine living anywhere else. (And if you dont think this isn't obvious, wait until I take my kids to town. They are SOOOO not town kids!)

When we were younger we actually used to travel often. I can't believe my parents let Ellen and I take some of the trips by ourselves. Really, letting two 15 year old girls take a GREYHOUND BUS, of all things, on a 3o some hour trip to Amarillo, TX!!!! Let me tell you, you meet all sorts on a Greyhound Bus! How about letting two 16 year old girls drive to Amarillo, TX and THEN...call and say, "Hey, we're going to Edgewood, New Mexico from here for a week so we won't be home as planned!" Granted these were church functions with church people but still... How about letting us go on a cruise "with" our uncle and some of our friends to the Virgin Islands when we were 16. That was a well chaperoned trip! (NOT!!!)

Actually I look back and am SO glad that they let us experience that! Lord know, it never would have happened after I got together with Myles! I remember thinking when I was a kid, imagining myself as a single girl living in some loft in the city, with coffee shops and art studios and museums. That was a dream that died pretty quickly. And honestly, I still get a rush in the city. I can't get enough until all of a sudden....WHAM! The walls start closing in! Reality Check.

I am so glad my kids get to grow up in a small town. (name that tune, ellen)

1 comment:

  1. i was born in a small town, lived and died in a small town...?

    ReplyDelete