Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Great Pumpkin Patch, Arthur, IL

On Saturday, the girls and I went with Cindy to the pumpkin patch in Arthur, IL. It has been featured on Country Living Magazine and on the Martha Stewart show and in her magazine. It was worth the drive, I have never seen so many pumpkins and gourds in my life! It was really a cloudy, cold, windy, gloomy day to be at the pumpkin patch, but we had fun anyways.
The girls in front of one of their (giant) corn shocks. I Love this picture! Cassidy is really cracking up.

I think my camera lens was fogging up or something. All of my pictures, Cassidy looks like she's glowing. I mean, I know she is an angel and all...:)

There were photo opportunities everywhere! Emma on a stack of straw in front of the straw maze.



This was a little tunnel thing that the kids could crawl through after the maze. Cassidy just ran through it.



There was a little bitty straw maze for kids under 3. Boog was just standing in the entrance with her hands in her pockets. I don't think she was impressed.

Cassidy and I at the entrance to the patch. Not the most flattering picture...but then again, they never are!


I thought these pumpkins were so cool. You cant really get it in the picture, but they were a reddish orange color and really neat looking. Of course, they were $8 so I didn't bring one home. I cant make myself pay $8 for a pumpkin!

The pumpkin patch puts up a new display every year. This was last years display. I didn't get a picture of this years, but it was a giant rainbow made of pumpkins.

Another display, Train Engine.

Awesome pumpkin trees.



The Grand Pappy of all Pumpkins! 901 lbs!

One of these days, I'm going to have to invest in a real camera. My camera phone takes decent pictures but sometimes it doesn't do any justice. Between the lint from my pockets and fogging up from being in the cold, I end up with some funky pics.








No comments:

Post a Comment